Anyone can create the future they desire for their business, if they set goals, explore opportunities, have the right resources and take consistent new action.
Do you have a plan? Do you have a direction? Do you have a vision of the future for your business? Without goal setting, there can be no direction and no defined future. Business progress will be haphazard at best, regressive at worst.
Effective goal setting lets you determine what the future needs to be, and then helps you dictate the direction and define the milestones to get there.
It’s your map from where you are today to where you want to be in the future.
At JRL, we help you explore the choices in your business life to create the future you desire. We believe that anyone can achieve this if they set goals, identify opportunities within their resources and commit to appropriate consistent new action.
Our coaching skills will help you all the way by supporting and reinforcing your attitudes, beliefs and values. We tailor the coaching relationship to expressly focus on your goals and deliver a positive outcome.
How to set goals:
- Decide on a timeframe – a month, a year, etc.
- Write down what you want to be, do and have
- Imagine what this new life looks, feels and sounds like
- Brainstorm every idea – commercial and personal
- Split into ‘definitely’, ‘would like’, and ‘nice to have’ lists
- Prioritise your ‘definitely’ list by numbers
- Write down why you want each goal