Case Study: SCA Group
SCA provides a range of everyday expert and specialist IT services to facilitate and support organisations:
- Solving ad-hoc issues
- “Hand-holding” existing IT departments
- Tailored systems and installations
- Help desk facilities
- Fully outsourced IT support
- Cloud solutions
The extremely knowledgeable team deliver a friendly, first class service, with an exceptional commitment to customer care. This which is reflected in everything they do. Their mantra is “to make clients netWORK”.
Darrin Salt became the new owner and MD of the company that he had worked in for over 20 years. He wished to develop his leadership and man management skills, create a strategy that allowed him to spend more time on the business and less in it.
His challenge was to make the time to work differently, lead differently, and deal with clients differently
SCA started to work with Jenny and JRL Coaching and Consultancy. JRL organised a Leadership and Management Development grant from the government towards the cost of the programme. To be eligible, the business had to show plans to grow 20%/year for the next three years, and SCA certainly met the criteria.
Jenny instigated a 1-2-1 bespoke coaching and mentoring programme. This provided Darrin with a confidential ally, someone to sound off to. He was able to look at business issues differently and had a platform with which to brainstorm new ideas.
Darrin achieved all the goals set. This allowed him to develop his confidence and ability to:
- Invest more time stepping back and strategising
- Look at the business as an outsider
- Delegate more and develop his team
- Spend more time listening to clients
- Change and further improve the way clients are serviced
- Develop additional repeat business
- Achieve significant profitable growth
Since this programme, Jenny has been invited back in to work with another member of the team as well.